- This event has passed.
Critical Mineral and Sustainable Development – Webinar
September 28 @ 12:00 pm
Please join the Payne Institute for Public Policy at the Colorado School of Mines and Virginia Tech as we welcome Fellow Rod Eggert, Professor, Viola Vestal Coulter Foundation Chair in Mineral Economics, Deputy Director of Critical Materials Institute, presenting a virtual seminar titled Critical Mineral and Sustainable Development on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 from 12:00pm – 2:00pm (MT).
TOPIC: CRITICAL MINERALS AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
SPEAKER: DR. ROD EGGERT, PROFESSOR, VIOLA VESTAL COULTER FOUNDATION CHAIR IN MINERAL ECONOMICS, DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF CRITICAL MATERIALS INSTITUTE
HOSTED BY: PAYNE INSTITUTE FOR PUBLIC POLICY AND VIRGINIA TECH
TIME: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2021 – 12:00PM – 2:00PM MT
VIRTUAL SEMINAR – NO REGISTRATION NECESSARY – FOLLOW THIS LINK
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD AND SHARE THIS SEMINAR FLYER
Did you know? The Green Energy Transition is driving global energy demand for many minerals – including those deemed critical due to at-risk supplies.
The mining and metals sector is set to play a key role as we look toward a low carbon future. But how can we meet the increased demands for critical minerals while also contributing to the broad goals of sustainable development? We’ll hear from some of the leading voices.
- Dr. Rod Eggert, Colorado School of Mines Viola Vestal Coulter Foundation Chair in Mineral Economics, Deputy Director of the Critical Materials Institute
- Dr. Helena Khazdozian, US Department of Energy Technology Manager at the Advanced Manufacturing Office
- Mr. Mitch Thomas, Rio Tinto, Chief Financial Officer for Borates and Lithium
- Dr. Aaron Noble, Virginia Tech, Associate Professor of Mining Engineering, Associate Director of the Center for Advanced Separation Technologies
- Dr. Juan María Menéndez, Universidad de Oviedo Associate Professor of Mining and Minerals Engineering