- This event has passed.
Due 4/1: Open Call for MURF Research Project Proposals
April 1 - April 2Free
The Mines Undergraduate Research Fellowship (MURF) offers the opportunity to recruit talented undergraduate researchers.
The office of Undergraduate Research Scholars is happy to announce we are currently accepting project proposals for MURF 2022-2023! Priority deadline for submitting a MURF or IMURF project is April 1, 2022.
In an effort to provide funding opportunities for all interested faculty from across disciplines, we no longer require faculty contribution towards the MURF student award. Ultimately, this change encourages a research culture that emphasizes the importance of mentorship with undergraduate student researchers. Please read below for more information regarding the MURF application process:
– For your convenience, forms have a save and continue option.
– Call for student applications will be announced during the second week of April.
– Fellowship results will be announced in summer and students start in the fall semester.
– This fellowship will not pay for any research conducted during the summer semester.
– Last year, 120 faculty submitted projects were funded.
– Each faculty can submit up to two requests for fellowships, but due to a limited budget, fellowships will be awarded depending on the number of student applications submitted.
For more information, follow this link: https://www.mines.edu/undergraduate-research/undergraduate-research-opportunities/undergraduate-research-fellowship/submit-research-topic/