Mines Undergraduate Research Fellowship Applications Due
Mines Undergraduate Research Fellowship (MURF) is now open to undergraduate student applicants! Learn more at the URL below.
The objective of Mines Undergraduate Research Fellowship (MURF) is to enhance the education of undergraduate students with an opportunity to work as research assistants on faculty-led research projects.
Research that is funded by MURF cannot be taken for research credit or for senior design credit. Participating faculty members are encouraged to increase the research participation of qualified female identifying students and students from under-represented ethnic backgrounds.
Terms of Employment and Eligibility:
– All full-time undergraduate students currently enrolled at Mines are eligible to apply.
– Fellowship stipend for MURF is a total of $1500, disbursed in two equal installments in fall and spring semesters.
– Renewals for a second period are allowable upon demonstration of adequate progress and have to be applied for through the next solicitation.
– Students who are available to conduct research during both fall and spring semesters will be given preference.
– Freshman/sophomore/junior students are all encouraged to apply.
– Students who receive the fellowship must fulfill the following requirements:
– Provide a 1-2 page summary of the research work at the end of fall semester.
– Present a poster or give a talk at the annual undergraduate research symposium held in spring semester (April).
The student application for MURF 2022-2023 is open from April 5th, 2022, through May 20th, 2022.
For more information, follow this link: https://www.mines.edu/undergraduate-research/undergraduate-research-opportunities/undergraduate-research-fellowship/