Mines@Colorado Hospital Association symopsium on rural health in Colorado
April 8 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Mines students, faculty & staff are invited to attend a symposium on rural health in Colorado, hosted by the Colorado Hospital Association (CHA). For the first time, CHA and its partner organizations have developed a statewide vision for rural health in Colorado. This plan will serve as a roadmap to improve the vitality of Colorado’s rural communities and the hospitals that serve them.
3:45 – 4:45p “Our Strategy for Optimal Rural Health in Colorado”
4:45 – 6:00p Opening Networking Reception in the Exhibit Hall
- Explore successful rural health strategies to address care, access, leadership and governance development, community capacity-building and payment reform
- Review a collaborative model with potential to redefine future rural health delivery with improved health outcomes and lower costs to patients
- Explore the use of teams to try and amplify the voices of rural patients and communities
- Explore the latest updates from the American Hospital Association on advocacy priorities for rural hospitals.
- Review the 2019 Colorado legislation that impact hospitals across Colorado.
Denver Marriott West
1717 Denver West Marriott Boulevard
Golden, CO 80401