- This event has passed.
Reuleaux Writing Grant Application Open
The Reuleaux Writing Grant Application opens on October 1st, 2021.
The deadline to apply for the 2021-2022 RWG is November 1st, 2021.
You will be notified if you’re receiving the RWG within a few weeks of the deadline.
The RWG awards $500 per undergraduate research author. Students who are selected for the RWG are required to work with the Reulueax team, the writing center, and their faculty mentor to create and submit a manuscript for Reuleaux magazine. This manuscript is due January 30th, 2022. The next volume of Reuleaux is scheduled to be published in 2021. Reuleaux is an open access journal.
- Any undergraduate student who has conducted two semesters of mentored research with a Mines faculty mentor is invited to apply.
- The writing grant is only intended for undergraduate research scholars seeking to be published in Reuleaux.
- Faculty mentors should be willing to submit a brief recommendation form.
- Deadline for the complete RWG application, including the faculty recommendation form, is November 1st, 2020.
You must be willing and ready to submit:
- A scientific abstract containing 300 words or less. The abstract should be written such that it is comprehensible to non-experts. We recommend that this scientific abstract be as close to a final draft as possible. However, it is understood that this abstract may be subject to change.
- A graphical abstract. A graphical abstract can be described as an image that highlights the main findings of the article or is a visual summary of the article. Please note that this image or figure does not have to be polished. Our editors will work with you to generate high quality images. For more guidance and examples, please view the FAQ below.
- A brief recommendation form from your faculty mentor. Upon submission of your application, an email will automatically be sent to you faculty mentor with a direct link to the faculty recommendation form. In consideration of your mentor’s time, this form is not a recommendation letter.
Students who are awarded the RWG are expected to:
- Work closely with their mentor, the writing center, and the Reuleaux editing team in order to create a publishable, peer-reviewed manuscript no later than January 30th, 2022.
For more information, follow this link.