- This event has passed.
GLOBAL ENERGY FUTURE INNOVATION FORUM
September 7 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
The Global Energy Future INNOVATION FORUM on September 7, 2022 from 9am – 6:00pm will showcase the incredible breadth of research being done by Mines Faculty, highlighting how and why an interdisciplinary approach is required to solve the world’s biggest challenges in ensuring a global energy future.
SEPTEMBER 7 – GLOBAL ENERGY FUTURE INNOVATION FORUM
September 7 (9am – noon) – Innovation Forum Event – Session 1
September 7 (noon – 1:15pm) – Innovation Forum Lunch
September 7 (1pm – 4:30pm) – Innovation Forum Event – Session 2
September 7 (4:30pm – 6pm) – Innovation Forum Networking Reception
(all times are in MT)
A showcase of some of the most ground-breaking research that makes Mines the leader in solving the world’s biggest challenges to the global energy future.
Special guest: U.S. Senator from the State of Colorado, John Hickenlooper
Attendees from industry, government, civil society, and academia and will benefit from:
• Forward-looking insights from industry legends including:
– David Lawler ‘90, Chairman and President of bp America, Inc. and Chief Executive Officer of bpx energy, Mines Trustee
– Nima Brooks, BS’13 and MS’20, Global Head of Innovation & Ventures, Strategy and Integration for BHP
– Alice Jackson, Senior Vice President, System Strategy and Chief Planning Officer, Xcel Energy
• A full day of high-impact, fast-paced presentations by interdisciplinary faculty leaders, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Discuss big ideas and meet energy innovation leaders at the networking lunch and reception
• Opportunity to join Mines’ Global Energy Future Initiative (GEFI)
• Attend this complimentary inaugural event at Mines all day or morning or afternoon sessions
Bunker Auditorium, Green Center
924 16th Street, Golden, CO 80401
Stick around to join us the following day, Sept. 8, for the GEFI Innov8x Challenge. Mines students will pitch solutions to the energy challenges facing industry and society, competing to win funding to pursue energy research.