This training is offered to Mines faculty and staff who are interested in learning to compassionately respond to college student survivors of sexual violence.
1. Recognize the unique environment of institutions of higher education
2.. Understand social norms and dynamics that influence victimization in society, on college campuses, and at Mines
3. Challenge popular myths regarding sexual assault and interpersonal violence
4. Understand consent and how power dynamics influence consent
5. Understand some typical perpetrator dynamics
6. Understand some typical survivor dynamics and how trauma and trauma-informed responses affect survivors
7. Learn campus and community resources
8. Learn policies that impact and guide us
9. How to compassionately work with survivors within the framework of our mandatory reporting requirement
10. Learn campus processes
11. Build skills through practice with example scenarios
Space is limited, please RSVP at the link below. Thanks!
*light breakfast including coffee and tea provided